CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hunny Bunny

Hi all! It's me again. Today's entry is not related to any bunny at all. It's about my Raisin and Date Buns. The recipe was given to me by a colleague at school. A simple recipe with a filling outcome. Since my mixer is still under repair, I had to knead it using my hands. It's kind of tiring but it's worth the effort when you taste the fluffy texture. I brought some to the recipe owner and felt very glad when she told me that she enjoyed it.

RAISINS AND DATES BUNS

To make this bread, you will need:

400g high protein flour
4 tbsp caster sugar
2 and 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1 egg plus water : 275ml
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk powder
50g raisin
3 pieces of dates (chopped)
1 tbsp butter


Method:
  • Mix all the dry ingredients until well-mixed.
  • Pour in the egg-water mixture gradually and mix well.
  • Knead until the mixtures becomes a dough. Put in the raisins and dates and knead again.
  • When the mixture becomes elastic, put in the butter and knead again.
  • Let to rise in a covered conatiner for one hour.
  • Then, punch the dough to let the air out.
  • Grease a square bakingtin. Shape dough into 16 equal balls.
  • Place the balls next to each other in the baking tin.
  • Let rise for another hour.
  • Bake at 175C for 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

shuyan said...

dont you puasa nowadays teacher...?

cikyah75 said...

Of course I'm fasting. Btw, what makes u think that I'm not fasting? ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails