CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

After The Long Silence

Ahoy there! It's me again. Although I don't blog, I still find the time to keep on reading entries from my favourite sites and by doing this, I do feel at ease after my long, tiring day at work. Anyway, since this blog is about food and cooking, I managed to squeeze some time last Sunday to prepare a dish for my Mr KHz. I do miss cooking for him on a regular basis. On the other hand, I do feel grateful that he understands my situation at the moment (although he does mention that I haven't cooked his favourite meals for quite some time) so, here goes! To Mr KHz and his cherished tummy!

'KUETIAU KUNGFU'


This simple but satisfying dish was inspired by Mat Gebu ( with alteration, of course). After all, he is a master in the kitchen, so there's nothing to worry in trying his recipes. Well, the ingredients needed are:

A)
500g g flat rice noodles (kuetiau)
3 large eggs

B)
100g prawns (shelled but leave the tails intact)
150g chicken fillet (cubed)
100g squids (cleaned and cut into rings)
150g cauliflower (cut into florets)
150g broccoli (cut into florets)
1 medium size carrot (julienne)
3 pips of garlic (finely chopped)
2 red chillies (sliced)
2 tbsp of cooking oil
2 tbsp of cornflour, to be mixed with 1/2 cup of water
1 tbsp of chicken granules, to be mixed with 1/2 cup of hot water
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of ground white pepper

Method:
For the gravy
  1. Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the chopped garlic till fragrant.
  2. Put in the prawns, chicken and squids. Pour in the chicken granules mixture, pepper, oyster sauce and carrot and let to boil over medium fire.
  3. Next, put in the cauliflower and broccoli and the cornflour mixture and mix well.
  4. Then, lower the heat and simmer till the vegetables are cooked and add salt to taste. Keep aside.
For the noodles:
  1. First, beat the eggs in a bowl and keep aside.
  2. Then, using a non-stick wok, heat the oil and put in the noodles. Stir fry for 2 minutes and pour in the beaten eggs over the noodles and keep stirring till the noodles are slightly brown and crisp.
To serve:
  1. Put in the noodles into a bowl and spoon the gravy over the noodles.
  2. Serve with sliced red chillies and fried shallots.

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails