CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 13, 2009

An Inspired Dish

Hi peeps! In this entry, I would feature a dish initially done by Mr K's aunt who resides in Singapore. It was some time last year when I had the chance to see her preparing this dish when she came for a visit. Of course, the ever nosy me had asked for the recipe and I mentioned that I would be putting it in my blog. She gave the recipe but she had told me not to share it with others since it's her family's. Since I respect her, I have decided to feature this dish inspired by her after my trial and error session in the kitchen yesterday morning without revealing her original recipe. I managed to come up with this dish using her cooking techniques but the ingredients were my own concoction. Hence, feast your eyes upon......................

ROAST CHICKEN AUNTIE KAK ONI'S STYLE

To cook this dish, you need:
  • 1 chicken (cleaned and cut into two)
  • 8 shallots
  • 5 pips of garlic
  • 2 cm piece of ginger
  • 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
  • 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp of honey
  • 2 tbsp of freshly ground black peppercorns
  • salt to taste
  • 2 tbsp of cooking oil
  • enough water to submerge the chicken
Method:
  • Preheat your oven at 200C for 15 minutes.
  • First, ground the shallots, garlic and ginger.
  • Heat the oil in a tall pot and strir fry ground ingredients till fragrant and pour in the water and let to boil.
  • Next, put in the rest of the ingredients and put in the chicken.
  • Over medium heat, let the chicken cook in the broth. By the time your chicken is cooked, you should have a thick gravy.
  • Line your roasting pan with an aluminium foil and place your chicken. Pour the remaining gravy on top of your chicken.
  • Reduce your oven temperature to 180C and bake till the skin is crispy. I bake the chicken for 10 minutes.
  • Once cooked, take out from the oven and let to rest for 10 minutes.
  • Transfer onto a serving dish and spoon the chicken juice in the roasting pan on top of your chicken to keep it moist.
  • Enjoy!

4 comments:

iNa said...

bagus..bagus...letak lagi ye resipi yg menggunakan oven..maklumlah org baru dpt oven...hehehe
nak try yg tested & proven recipe

cikyah75 said...

hehe...nanti iNa letak gambar roated/baked producta ya!

nizaineese said...

wah.. so secretive ma....

cikyah75 said...

biasale..generasi warga emas nih....

Related Posts with Thumbnails