CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

Can I have this Mama?...and I want to help with the topping!

Good morrow to all! Finally, an entry. To tell you the truth, this entry is done in between cooking my chicken curry and updating my status at Goodreads Malaysia. Yes, I've been bitten by the reading (cannot put the book down) bug so my cooking activities are limited to preparing usual dishes for the family. However......since I managed to finish one book yesterday afternoon, I decided to go for another therapy, which is undoubtedly baking.

As I flipped through my recipe folder, my darling Atush suggested Cinnamon Rolls. For a picky eater like her, I found it very surprising when she actually liked the rolls when I baked them for the first time. Enjoy the photo and I've included the recipe (owned by yani@MyResipi.com) if you plan to indulge in this sweet, tasty treat. Oh, for your information, I managed to get 12 rolls from this recipe.



CINNAMON ROLLS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING


Ingredients:
(A)
300g high protein flour
50g unsalted butter
8g instant yeast
1 egg (well-beaten)
140ml fresh milk (at room temperature)
1tsp salt

(B) (Filling)
20g unsalted butter
3tsp cinnamon powder
50g brown sugar

(C) (Frosting)
20g unsalted butter
50g cream cheese
60g icing sugar

Method:
  • In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix flour and butter until they resemble breadcrumbs.
  • Next, put in the yeast and salt and keep on mixing.
  • Then,pour in the milk and beaten egg.
  • Keep mixing until the dough becomes pliable and does not stick to the edge of the mixing bowl.
  • Cover the dough with cling film / damp kitchen towel and proof till it doubles in size.This will take around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
  • Meanwhile, mix all ingredients in (B) and divide into two portions. Keep aside.
  • Line your baking tray with paper cups.
  • Next, punch the dough and divide it into two portions and shape into balls. Let to rest for 10 minutes.
  • Take a portion and roll into 20cm x 25cm rectangle. Spread the filling evenly and roll the dough tightly. Cut into 6 portions and put into the paper cups. Repeat these steps with the remaining dough and filling and let to rise again. Mine took 45 minutes because the weather was a bit cool yesterday.
  • Then, preheat your oven at 170C and bake your rolls for 15 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, beat the ingredients in (C) until creamy. Spread this frosting once your rolls are out from the oven.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Bunnybaby said...

Sedapnya!!! Saya pun nak juga!

cikyah75 said...

Hmm...tengoklah, ada rezeki nanti gathering saya bawakan, InsyaAllah.

Halle Calypso said...

woohuhuu..
menggoyah iman puasa saya kak shah~

cikyah75 said...

Lin, hehehe..sorry la dear. tengoklah, kot2 ada rezeki u, kak shah buatkan..hehehehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails