CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sisterhood

Good morrow to all readers. This entry would be totally different from the previous ones. As I was flipping through my photo folder, I couldn't help noticing the photos of my younger sister's engagement day, which took place in December 2009. Talking about the photos, I have been wanting to share them with you folks but somehow, I just didn't know what happened to my initial plan.

Sincerely, I do have mixed feelings about her tying the knot. We have been together through thick and thin all these years. The thought that we might not be able to do things together, to have fun or even to share the pain, do make me feel a bit sad. As sisters, we laughed, we teased, we reprimanded, we shared, we scolded and eventually, we came back to our sanity and we forgave and forgot. True enough, blood is definitely thicker than water. In between the heartache, (jealousy at times) and painful experience, the sisterly bond surfaces and all is well once again.

Being the eldest, I have been given the responsibility to cater for her engagement and wedding ceremonies, in terms of preparing the 'hantaran'. In fact, I'm in the middle of completing the hantaran for her wedding, which will take place, Godwilling, next Friday, the 4th of June. Well, since I have never planned to be a wet blanket, dear sister, congratulations and many happy returns in years to come. My dua' is forever for you. Amin.



Here are some photos of her engagement day. Enjoy!

The star of the day!



Going back to roots - 'Sirih' is a must




Another 'hantaran '




and last but not least...........


'Makan Time'!!!!


Surprisingly, during the engagement ceremony, I was not asked to do any cooking at all. Perhaps, my Mak didn't have the heart to ask me to do so but who am I to be compared to all the experienced chefs who were around on that day! Anyway, the ceremony ended well and I was a very happy (and tired).

2 comments:

Sofira said...

salam ziarah, cikyah.

cikyah75 said...

aidura sofiee, terima kasih kerana sudi menjengah ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails