CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Simple yet Satisfying

Good morrow peeps. What is your plan today? As for me, the usual activities - cooking, cleaning my messy room (the kids' stuff scattered continuously) and trying to finish marking my students' exercise books. After a tiring day at school yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking of what to cook for dinner as I was driving home. Thanks to Mr KHz who only requested for my home version of 'Prosperity Burger'. As usual, burgers are very simple but never fails to satisfy his hunger pang. Notice the burgers in the photo below? Yes, he gobbled up three!


PROSPERITY BURGER

I tried the recipe for the sauce after reading MamaFami's blog. I had my first try making the sauce when I went back to Melaka last month. The verdict? The recipe is definitely a keeper! Since the buns and meat patties were bought, I shall include the recipe for the sauce. Please have a try!

Ingredients:
2 cups of chicken stock ( I used 1 chicken cube and mixed with boiling water)
1/4 cup of fresh milk
2 tbsp black peppercorns (coarsely ground)
1/2 onion (diced)
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp butter (MamaFaMi used margarine)
3 tbsp of cornflour (mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
salt and sugar (if necessary)

Method:
  1. Heat the oil and stir fry the onion till fragrant.
  2. Then, pour in the chicken stock and let to boil.
  3. Next, put all the ingredients except the cornflour mixture and let to boil again.
  4. After that, lower the heat and pour the cornflour mixture until you have achieved the desired consistency.
  5. Dip the meat patties into the sauce and enjoy your burger!

2 comments:

Halle Calypso said...

hohoho..the zesty prosperity!
i miss eating it~

cikyah75 said...

Lin, try la buat....hehehehehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails