CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's your order for today sir?

As part of my plan on not to overspend on raw ingredients for cooking or  buying food for Iftar, I decided to try this simple recipe derived from my trusted site, MyResipi.com. I have always believed in preparing simple dishes for my family. My choices are always easy to cook, using easily available ingredients and should be able to cater for my two kiddos who are well-known to have the pickiest tastebud! As usual, Mr Khz (and sometimes, the kids) decide. If he likes it, I would categorise the dish as good. If he said NO, then, the recipe will remain untouched. My views could be biased for Mr KHz is easy to feed but still, any opinion deserves to be taken into consideration.

Today, I've prepared a simple dish using prawns. On weekdays, I cook using whatever is available in the fridge but on the weekends, I usually give Mr KHz the honour to choose what he feels like eating. Since he had mentioned prawns, I decided to try a recipe by dayang jack from the site that I had mentioned earlier. Give it a try, will you?

HONEY PRAWNS

Ingredients:
400g fresh medium-size prawns (marinade with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tbsp of cornflour for 10 minutes and deep fried till crispy and keep aside).
1 onion
1 red chilli
3 cloves of garlic
1 and 1/2 tbsp honey (mixed with 60ml of water)
2-3 bird's eye chillies (bruised)
1/2 tbsp chilli sauce
1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 stalks of coriander leaves (chopped coarsely)

Method :
  • Grind onion, chilli and garlic till fine.
  • Pour in about 3 tbsp of cooking oil ( I used the oil used for frying the prawns) in a wok and stir fry ground ingredients till fragrant.
  • Put in the honey mixture, soy sauce and chilli sauce and stir. Then, put in the bird's eye chillies and stir till the sauce thickens.
  • Next, put in the prawns, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
  • Serve hot.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails