CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Under The Sea

How should I start? Yesterday, both hubby and I went for grocery shopping at Jaya 33. The place might look a bit high on the price side but believe me, you will get a good bargain here. The fruits are fresh and the prices are okay. I find that the vegetables are cheaper here compared to the wet market opposite this place. I also find that this place provides quite an array of selection of goods. If you happened to prefer imported products, this is the place that you should go. In simple words, it's another Cold Storage. I've compared the prices with the small Giant near the place and there is not much difference. At least, the products in Jaya 33 are fresher and in good condition.

Okay, enough of my babbling. Being a seafood lover and a not-so-often-going-for-grocery-shopping person, hubby just cannot resist to grab the seafood. Yes! They were fresh and some were still alive. You should see how mesmerised he was with the prawns, 'lala', squids and fish. As a result, we bought large- size prawns, some squids, 2 kg of 'lala' and 2 medium-size garoupa. You should see the 'glow' on his face. He certainly enjoys eating and he can survive on seafood alone!

I prepared my 'Lala Tumis Campak-campak' for lunch yesterday and for today's brunch appetizer, I have prepared fried squid rings with sauce. Very simple recipe with few ingredients. It's good as an appetizer or simply turn it as a snack for the kiddies.

FRIED SQUID RINGS WITH SAUCE

A:

  • 2-3 large squids, cleaned and cut into rings

  • 1 tsp of paprika/ chilli powder

  • 1 tsp of ground white pepper

  • salt to taste
B:

  • 3 tbsp plain flour

  • 3 tbsp cornflour

For the sauce:


  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise

  • 1 tbsp chilli sauce

  • 2 tbsp tomato sauce

Method:


  • First, mix all ingredients in A and marinate for 15 minutes.

  • Meanwhile, mix to gether ingredients in B in a bowl.

  • Coat the marinated squid rings in the flour mixture and fry until crispy. Drain excess oil. Be reminded that when frying squid, it is very normal for them to cause the oil to splutter due to their high water content.

  • As for the sauce, mix all ingredients and serve with your squid rings.

  • Enjoy!

2 comments:

nizaineese said...

Cik yah dah berubah wajah, dah buat make over ni.. ahahhahah

superheroes' mom said...

Hmmnnn... I am tempted to pay a visit to Jaya 33, maybe this weekend I will make my way there. Thanks for the info Shah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails