CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Want Cookie!

Hi! This time, the entry will be my Choco Chip Spotties aka Choc Chip Cookies. I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks and if I'm not mistaken, it's from Nestle. My girl simply loves these cookies. When I first tried baking these cookies, I found it to be a bit too sweet to my liking. Since I enjoy the light and crispy texture I have tried ommitting the white chocolate listed in the original recipe and to my delight, it worked! Now, I can have more cookies!!! Do try to bake these, especially those choc chip cookie lovers, because they are fun in every bite!

CHOCO CHIPS SPOTTIES
Ingredients:
(A)
1 and 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
(B)
150g unsalted butter
125g soft brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
(C)
200g chocolate chips
2 cups cornflakes(crushed)
Method:
  • Sift together ingredients in (A) and keep aside.
  • Cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add in the remaining ingredients in (B) and mix gently.
  • Fold in the sifted ingredients gradually.
  • Mix all ingredients in (C) to form a dough.
  • Using a teaspoon, scoop the dough and roll into small balls.
  • Place the balls onto a greased baking tin.
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 10-12 minutes. (*Adjust the temperature depending on the type of oven you use. Mine has a fan so I bake these cookies at 150C for 12 mins)
  • Let to cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails