CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Lesson on Economy?

Good morrow and another new day has arrived, Alhamdulillah. What's your plan for today? Hope that it starts well and ends well. Anyway, I shall rather keep this entry short for the dish that I'm going to feature is very common and perhaps, everyone can cook it. However, I want to share my Mak's recipe of 'Hati Ayam Masak Kicap' or Chicken Liver in Soy Sauce . Economical yet satisfying. By the way, if you may ask, why chicken liver? It's Mr KHz's favourite and of course I couldn't stop him from buying, especially when he comes along for our grocery shopping.

"HATI AYAM MASAK KICAP"


The ingredients needed to cook this dish are:

400g chicken livers (trimmed, cleaned and drained)
5 pips of garlic }
2 inch of ginger } finely ground
1 tsp of fennel seeds (finely pounded)
2 tbsps ground chilli paste
1 large onion ( cut into rings)
1 fresh red chilli (sliced thinly)
5 tbsps of sweet soy sauce
1/4 cup of oil
salt to taste

Method:
  1. Put the chicken livers in a bowl and add ground garlic, ginger and chilli paste. Mix well and marinate for 1 hour.
  2. After 1 hour, heat the oil in a wok and fry the marinated livers till half cooked and keep aside.
  3. Using the same oil, fry the onion, red chilli and ground fennel till fragrant. Put in the soy sauce and half-cooked chicken livers and stir gently.
  4. Add salt to taste and serve hot once the livers are cooked.

2 comments:

Electra Maven said...

Hi, How are you? I came across your Blog and I really enjoyed reading it! I found it very interesting! I'm a new blogger so I'd like to invite you to have a look at my blog and feel welcome to give me any kind of feedback and comments on my posts! :) I would really appreciate it! I wish you all the best and thanks for sharing!Kind Regards ;)

http://www.electra-spotlight.blogspot.com/

cikyah75 said...

Electra Maven, thank you for your visit and the inspiring comment. Of course I will visit your blog. Thanks once again ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails