CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One Potato, Two Potatoes, Three Potatoes Four...


Ahoy there! It's me trying to get familiar with this blogging thingy. How should I start?


See the photo above? Hmmm...yes! My potato bread is finally a reality(after existing in the recipe book for ages..hehe). Actually, my initial attempt to bake this bread is to make sure that my boy firdaus has something to eat. He has been rejecting rice for nearly a week! Could he appear concerned on the prices of rice recently? Should I be thankful? Frankly, I wouldn't mind paying as long as he eats.


Whenever I bake, the colleagues at school will be my ever ardent and loyal food tasters!(Thank you guys). Through this blog, I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to those recipe contributors at MyResipi.com for the excellent, scrumptious and 'gerenti jadi' recipes! Keep up the wonderful work!

To those who feel like trying, here's the recipe that I got from one of the recipe websites. I cannot remember the contributor so if you come across this blog, thank you sooo much.


POTATO BREAD
Ingredients :
300g high protein flour
50g caster sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tbsp powdered milk
2 tsp instant yeast
1 egg
175ml cold water
60 g mashed potato
30g butter

Method:
  • Mix the flour, sugar, salt, powdered milk and yeast.
  • Then, put in the egg and cold water and mix until the mixture forms a dough.
  • Put in the mashed potato and butter and knead well until dough becomes soft and elastic.
  • Cover dough and let rise for 45 minutes. Then, punch the dough to let out the air. Leave covered for another 15 minutes.
  • Shape dough into small balls and arrange them in a greased baking tray. Leave to rise for another 45 minutes.
  • Bake at 180C for 25 minutes. You may need to adjust the temperature depending on your oven.
HAPPY BAKING!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails