CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man...

Still remember those lines from the nursery rhyme? No? Let me refresh your memory.

Do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man,
Do you know the muffin man,
Who lives down Drury Lane.

This entry is about the muffins that I prepared for DikWi's son, Azfar's, Canteen Day. Wi, if you are reading, thanks for the trust. Initially, I wasn't really sure whether my homemade muffins can be sold but when my dear friend, Dikwi mentioned that it's going to be part of Azfar's school charity programme, I agreed to prepare these muffins. Here are the photos. Will enclose the recipes later because it's getting late and I need to be in school as early as 7 a.m. tomorrow morning!

MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS


MINI STRAWBERRY CHIP MUFFIN

Here's the recipe. These muffins are worth a try!

  • 200 g plain flour
  • 160g unsalted butter
  • 120g brown sugar
  • 100g chocolate chips
  • 20g/ 4 tsp cocoa powder
  • 20g/ 4 tsp baking powder
  • 140 fresh milk
  • 1 egg (well-beaten)

Method:
  • Preheat your oven at 180C.
  • Sieve together flour, butter, baking powder and cocoa powder. Keep aside.
  • Beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
  • Put in sieved ingredients and egg. Mix well.
  • Pour in the milk and chcolate chips amd mix again.
  • Arrange paper cups into a muffin mould.
  • Pour mixture into paper cups and bake at at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
  • Let cool and serve.
* To make the strawberry version, replace chocolate chips with strawberry chips. Replace cocoa powder with 1/2 tsp of strawberry essence and a few drops of pink food colouring. Sprinkle sugar hearts on top before baking.

10 comments:

nizaineese said...

Cik yah.. ni cik iza ke drp my resipi? he he he...

cikyah75 said...

Bukanle. Ni kak shah la. Nama cikyah tu nama time gila chatting2 dulu.sape2 yg biasa chat kat alamak.com kenal le.

arrdeen said...

cikyah,

i know the muffin man.. err i know that.. they always sing it in FunSongFactory!!!

-the mommy muffins-

cikyah75 said...

Ross,I bet you are a muffin fan as well.

Hanani said...

Visiting your blog ALWAYS makes me hungry... I think I'll go attack the fridge now...

cikyah75 said...

Nasy, u can still afford to 'attack' it for your slim figure...hehehe

superheroes' mom said...

shah,
oh my, the muffins were yummy with just the right taste and texture. i thought of NOT donating it to the bazaar, the devil in me wanted to keep it for my own pleasure. in the end, i ate 3, my eldest the sweettooth gobbled 4 in one go!

cikyah75 said...

Wi,thank you so much for the heart-warming compliments

arrdeen said...

cikyah..

teringinnnn nya makan muffin cikyah di kejauhan ini.. haha!!

ada special delivery ke? cikyah deliver to wi? hehe!!

-rosse-

cikyah75 said...

Ross,Hari tu Wi dtg amik sendiri sebab cikyah kan 'excellent' driver..hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails