CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Healthy Eating? Cikyah? What?

Good morrow peeps! Do you like(or rather surprised by) the title? Anyway, what do people really mean with healthy eating? Well, I do take the skin off the chicken before cooking. I have ommitted coconut milk in my curry and use chopped tomatoes to thicken the gravy. I try not to put any MSG in cooking and I always insist on fresh ingredients. Am I on the right track to healthy eating? Tell me....

Well, as an attempt to start eating healthily, I prepared this recipe for my lunch yesterday. I have ammended Amy Beh's Healthy Pasta Salad
recipe and surprisingly, my colleagues at school enjoyed it. What about me? I enjoyed it too!

Here's the recipe if you plan to have something simple yet filling for your lunch and it serves four.


HEALTHY PASTA SALAD

You need:
400g of tricolour fussili (spiral pasta)
3 pieces of Ayamas chicken
ham (or you can put steamed chicken breast cut into small pieces)
1 medium size red capsicum
1 medium size
yellow capsicum

For the dressing:
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon
juice
1 tbsp sugar

1/2 tsp salt
freshly cracked black peppercorns

Method:
  • Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet (till al dente) and drain.
  • Meanwhile, put the capsicums on your stove top and cook till black and charred. Next, put into a bowl and cover with a cling film. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
  • Then, slice the chicken ham into small, thin slices and put into a mixing bowl.
  • After that, peel the skin of the capsicums and deseed. Slice into thin strips and put into the mixing bowl. Then, put in your pasta.
  • For the dressing, put everything in a glass jar. Put the lid on and shake till well-mixed. Pour into the mixing bowl and toss well.
  • Serve.

6 comments:

Syigim said...

my khaleef suka gile pasta ni. i made him bowtie pasta ke macaroni ke xsuka. nk pasta ni jugak. i just put cheese n butter & he'd go nuts! :)

cikyah75 said...

it's good for kids to eat pasta because it's actually healthier compared to the usual noodles. good for khaleef! mine? it must be the usual spaghetti with that creamy white sauce.

nizaineese said...

wah.. sejak bila buat helathy cooking ni.. I am impressed!!!

cikyah75 said...

nizaineese..alahai dik oii, ni la sesatunya so-called healthy recipe!

guatsuan said...

pasta looks delicious should bring n lets try during our happy hours in school ma....was trying to get ur steam apam recipe but mana u dah sorok cik yah hahaaa.....

cikyah75 said...

guatsuan, esok I bawak resepi apam kukus 4 u ya! sealu buat tapi lupa nak ambik gambar!

Related Posts with Thumbnails