CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Puffy Puff From The Puffy Makcik

Hi all! I know it has been a long time since I last blogged. I was caught up with work, work, work and never ending work. As usual, cooking is always my escapism from all the daunting responsibilities at work. Whenever I feel like my head is going to explode, I will venture into the kitchen. Call me awkward, but I always find the kitchen to be a place where I can seek some solace.

As an ardent recipe collector and avid recipe blogs enthusiast, I feel really grateful to have discovered an amazing ingredient called 'puff pastry'. Yes! This ingredient is cheap, user-friendly and guarantees a superb outcome. I've used the 'Kawan' brand puff pastry. It costs RM3.49per packet of 10 pieces. It's very versatile because all you need to do is to prepare fillings that suit your liking. Here are some photos of my experiment using puff pastry.


MINI CHEESY SAUSAGE PUFF




TUNA PUFF

Here's the recipe if you feel like trying. Since I've discovered puff pastry, I always make sure that I have it stored in the freezer in case I need to prepare something for supper. Nope! You've guessed it wrong! Not for my kids, but mainly for my food critic. Who else? My hubby, of course!


To make these simple but satisfying puffs, you will need :
A packet of puff pastry (Size : 5'x5')(thawed for 20 minutes)
10 cheese sausages ( cut into threes) or you can use Ayamas Mini sausages
one egg

2 tbsp of fresh milk ( I used low-fat)
some butter

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven at 175C.
  2. Take out a piece of puff pastry. Using a small knife, divide into three equal pieces.
  3. Then, place a piece of the cut sausage on the pastry and roll until all the sausage is covered.
  4. Cut diagonal lines on top of the pastry.
  5. Repeat Step 3 and 4 until all pastry and sausages have been used.
  6. Line your baking tray with aluminium foil and grease with butter.
  7. Place your rolled up sausages on the tray.
  8. Beat the egg and mix with the milk.
  9. Brush the egg mixture on your sausage rolls.
  10. Bake until golden brown for 20 minutes/ lesser, depending on your oven.
* If you want to make tuna puff instead, divide the pastry into two and put the filling on one half of the pastry. Fold the remaining half over the filling and use a fork to seal the edges. A small can of Ayam Brand Chilli Tuna would be more than enough. Make sure to drain the oil to prevent your pastry from becoming soggy.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails