CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Do I have to do IT just because I ate a piece of cheesecake yesterday?

Good evening peeps. Already looking forward to the weekends? Lucky you. Not me, though. Tomorrow, I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL! Yes! You read it right. Tomorrow, the world will see me exercising my whale-size body doing aerobics. Surprised? I was too! Actually, this programme is part of the school's campaign to collect funds to upgrade the existing facilities.

Just a question. Why aerobics? Why? What can exercise do to a whale? Ask my students. they will definitely agree that puan shah and exercise do not go hand in hand. Don't they know I have a COOKING BLOG? Don't they know that all excellent chefs are big-sized? Don't they watch the movie 'Ratatouille'? Is Gusteau the Chef thin? Why must it be aerobics? Why can't it be a canteen day? A day that I will enjoy tremendously. Tell me!

Well, so much of me being petty. In the name of preparing better facilities for the children, I will have to keep sane and Godwilling, drag my whale-body to school at such wee hour next morning. Wish me luck peeps. Anyway, moving to something so much better, let me share my cheesecake recipe that I have ammended from the recipe on the cream cheese packaging just because I want my vegetarian friend to enjoy it too! I was really glad that my other colleagues loved the outcome of my experiment. What about the taste? It was lip-smacking, baby!! And to think that I have to pay a dear price doing aerobics tomorrow just because I enjoyed it, certainly won't stop me from cooking and baking. Perhaps, the exercise would do me good. Should I pack my choc chip cupcakes for sale tomorrow? Good thinking, ay? What say you?

SIMPLE CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE SWIRLS

Do you like what you see? You do? Then.......

Have a closer look!

To enjoy this scrumptious delight, you need:

For the base:
  • 20 pieces digestive biscuits
  • 4 oz butter (melted)
  • a 10 inch x10 inch square cake tin with loose base
For the topping:
  • 2 x 250g packets of cream cheese ( I used Tatura Brand cream cheese- it's cheaper)
  • 300ml condensed milk
  • 100ml evaporated milk
  • 2 tsp gelatine ( I used Halagel brand- easily available now at leading hypermarkets)
  • 1/4 cup of boiling water
  • 1/2 tsp of chocolate emulco
For the delectable palate:
  1. Put the biscuits into a plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, crush till fine.
  2. Pour in the melted butter and mix well and put into the cake tin. Use a potato masher, level the mixture.
  3. Put your cake tin in the freezer.
  4. Next, pour your gelatine powder into the cup of boiling water and stir till dissolve. Just a note. DO NOT pour liquid onto gelatine for it will never dissolve. It should always be gelatine into water and not the other way around. I learn it the hard way!
  5. Next, cut your cream cheese blocks into small pieces and put into a mixer fixed with a pedal. Beat your cream cheese till light and fluffy.
  6. Put in your gelatine mixture, both condense and evaporated milk and stir till smooth and well-mixed using a balloon whisk.
  7. Save 2 tbsp of this mixture and mix with the chocolate emulco into a smooth paste. Put into a piping bag and keep aside.
  8. Pour your cheese mixture onto the chilled based.
  9. Pipe your chocolate paste across the cheese topping. The more lines you have, the finer your swirls will look.
  10. To create the swirl/ feathery look, use a toothpick/ cake tester against the drawn lines.
  11. Refrigerate overnight. Then
*This cake melts if it is left at room temperature so it is best to be kept refrigerated.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails