CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yellow, Yellow, Make Me Mellow

Hi all! It has been ages since I last blogged. Among my close friends, it is a known fact that I am without a helper so it is clear that this is a reason why this blog is left abandoned for quite some time. As time passes by, I can say that I am getting accustomed to the daily routines that I am now able to find the time to start blogging again.

As a start, here's a recipe for a dish that I've prepared before the month of Ramadhan, for everyone who ventures this blog. This dish is another outcome of my attempt to finish up whatever is available in the fridge. Perhaps, you can try cooking this dish as it is a very economical way to clean your fridge! Anyway, here goes.......


'MASAK LEMAK KUNING UDANG DENGAN PETAI DAN BUNGA KANTAN'
Ingredients:
400g of medium size prawns, shelled and cleaned but leave the tails intact
10 bird's eyes chillies
5 shallots
3 pips of garlic
2cm piece of ginger
1 stalk of lemongrass (bruised)
1 ginger torch (bunga kantan) quartered
1 piece of turmeric leaf (sliced thinly)
20 pieces of 'petai'
1/4 cup of thick coconut milk
1/2 cup of water
1 piece of 'asam keping'
salt to taste

Method:
  • Pound the shallots, garlic and ginger till fine and put into a pot.
  • Put in all the other ingredients and cook over a low fire, stirring at all time.
  • Season with salt.
  • Serve hot with plain boiled rice.
  • Savour the taste!

1 comments:

Jlascanteen said...

saya suka masak lemak berwarna kuning.

Related Posts with Thumbnails