CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Puffin Muffin Story

It's me again. Have something to share with those who do read this blog. Went down to the kitchen quite late this morning so had to cancel the initial plan to bake the potato bread for I was running late for school. Don't get me wrong. I'm not that dedicated, especially during school holidays. I was called to settle some matters (and to hand in the very long due prefectorial board file..hahaha). To replace the potato bread, I whipped up these blueberry muffins for it only took me half and hour to get them ready from the bowl to the table. I followed a recipe by Jacky@allrecipes.com but I had replaced some ingredients and ammended some of the measurements in the initial recipe. Here's the recipe if you wish to try.

BLUEBERRY YOGHURT MUFFINS
  • 250g plain flour
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 250g blueberry flavoured yoghurt
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tbsp corn oil ( the original recipe used melted butter)
  • 125g fresh blueberries
Method:
  1. Preheat your oven at 175C. If you are using an oven with a fan, lower the temperature to 160C.
  2. Sieve together flour, soda bicarbonate and baking powder. Keep aside.
  3. In another bowl, combine sugar, yoghurt, egg and oil and mix well. Pour in the sieved ingredients and blueberries. Using a spatula, fold in the mixture slowly. Your mixture should be lumpy.
  4. Spoon the mixture into paper cups (I used 20 2 1/4 quart muffin cups) and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
  5. You can now enjoy your muffin(s) with a nice cup of tea!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails